Monday, October 10, 2011

Sigma Brush Review



I have been obsessed with Sigma Brushes even before I got my hands on them. You know when you've discovered something and you really really want it and you try every single way to get the item, because you feel that you just got to have it. Well that was me. I finally got into makeup last year and then I learned that you need all these tools to apply them. That's when I became a Youtube Fanatic :) Ne who, I discovered Sigma brushes and I joined their affiliate program and they sent me their Travel Brush Kit Naughty in Black, which is valued at USD$49. I was floored! I haven't replaced my broken camera as yet, so I took a picture off the net that showcased the same kit I received from Sigma.
Sigma Travel Kit Naughty in Black
Clutch dimensions (closed): 7 x 4 inches. Brushes in this kit include:
Pencil - E30 - Precise application of color on the crease, outer corner, and upper and lower lash line. Also ideal to smudge out pencil liner. Natural bristles.
Eye Shading - E55 - Soft and dense with a rounded finish. Can be used to apply pressed or loose eye shadows and pigments. Ideal to build intense color on the eyelid. Natural bristles.
Tapered Blending - E40 - Rounded and tapered top. Specially designed to apply and blend color on the crease. Natural bristles.
Large Powder - F30 - Very dense with a rounded top. Ideal to apply powder products on face and body. Natural bristles.
Large Angled Contour - F40 - The angled shape makes this brush ideal to apply blush or contour shades. Natural bristles.
Foundation - F60 - Can be used to apply liquid or cream foundation. It is also recommended to apply moisturizers and conceal large areas. Synthetic bristles.
Concealer - F70 - The rounded, tampered, flat shape makes this brush ideal to conceal the under eye area. It is also recommended for a precise application in small areas. Synthetic bristles.



MY THOUGHTS: I love them all, except the Tapered Blending Brush- I prefer my blending brush to be a bit more compact at the top. The Foundation Brush does its job, I have no complaints. I'm in love the Concealer Brush, which I use to apply my brow highlight. The Eyeshading Brush and Pencil Brush are a definite must have. The Large Powder Brush and the Large Angled Contour Brush, I use everyday now, they are my go to brushes.  I was really impressed with my Sigma Brushes. I would recommend the Travel Kit to anyone. What I liked about them also, they were not very small and not excessively large; for me they were just the right fit. I had purchased the Travel Kit from Coastal Scents and though they were really lovely brushes, they were just too small.

Brawta: What we refer to in Jamaica as, something extra.
My brawta from Sigma was the Duo Fibre Brush, which I love! It makes my foundation looks airbrushed and flawless.
                                                  Duo Fibre Brush by SIGMA




No comments:

Post a Comment