Monday, October 10, 2011

Foundation Primers- SMASH BOX and PRIME TIME

When I put on foundation, guaranteed in less than a hour my face is gonna look like a shiny mess. So I decided to do something about it, so I bought 2 foundation primers which is said to slow down the oil build up underneath the foundation. Smash Box was my primer of choice.

Let me tell you, this thing worked wonders! I still had a little shine on my nose, but that was hours after putting on my primer. I felt it was a good purchase. It is an oil free product, so I loved that aspect of it. It had a nice consistency and it didn't take too long to dry and when it did, my face had a matte finish.  My face didn't break out, which I was happy about, as I read many reviews and that was the number 1 complain.

The 2nd foundation primer I purchased was Prime Time. I'd never heard about it before purchasing, but the Sales Agent at Sephora highly recommended it. I'm glad I purchased it also. It cost less than Smashbox and that on its own is a winner for me (u know I'm a cheapie). It had a gel like consistency and depending on how much you put on, it may take a little time to dry. My face did very well using this product, no oil slicks for hours and it also made my face look matte and cool. I love it. For the cost of these 2 products, I would say its a great investment. Mind you, if you spend lots of time out in the sun, especially Jamaica sun (yes I know its the same sun, but honestly its a different degree of heat than else where in the world), you may need a stronger product than these 2. Good buys- go check them out :)





No comments:

Post a Comment