Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lovely Toes, Nail Polishes and Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Thought this pic was hilaire so I dropped it in here :)


 
Once upon a time, long ago, I didn't like my feet or my toes, cuz my feet were so long and my toes were just taller than regular. I have really slender feet and I just felt weird cuz they didn't look normal to me :( When I wore nail polish people would always compliment me on how lovely my toes looked, I always felt they were secretly teasing me though. Anywho, since I am a do it myself kinda girl, I started to polish my own nails and come up with designs. During the nail polishing practice sessions I started to connect with my feet (I know that sounds crazeee), and I started to take care of them and buy special products to make them look more attractive and cared for. Now, I love my really slender feet and their long toes :) I am 5'10 and I wear size 10 shoes, so I think I have the right size feet for my body. I think I would look really weird being soooooo tall and then having tiny feet. No thanks!
Okay so I LOVE nail polish. I love vibrant and cool colours and I love to mix and match them up. I recently started over my nail polish collection cuz I gave away my old collection to my room mate. I usually shop around testing different brands of nail polish, but since I started over my collection I have only bought Jordana. I love Jordana nail polishes.When I was younger I would go for the sparkly, shiny, glittery nail polish now I avoid them at all cost. Don't know why.

So this evening I painted my nails with Tangy and Orangesicle and then topped it off with Jordana clear finishing coat.

Yea, I know its not the best pic, but hey :)




This is my relatively new collection of Jordana nail polishes which you can get at almost any pharmacy in Jamaica.

from l-r, Purple Dynamite, Strawberry Marmalade, Pink Lemonade, Pink Romance,Orange Rush, Mellow Yellow, Mint Candy, Boy O Boy and Chiffon.


Extra Virgin Olive Oil
So since I started eating all nutritiously healthy, I started purchasing healthier foods of course. I bought myself some extra virgin olive oil and started cooking with it, to be honest, I don't fancy the flavor of it. Any how I found that this oil has uses out side of the kitchen :) Last Monday evening, when I came home my feet were killing me, I went dancing like 2 days before and if you know anything about Ms. Nateisha Ann Campbell, is that she doesn't dance! Well, I do, but I can't follow the rhythm so I don't, lol (sorry I missed out on that black gene I was suppose to get). So cuz of new extra-curricular activities my feet were Killing Me! So I decided to give my feet a pedicure and a good massage. I don't know why I did this, but, I went to the kitchen and grabbed the olive oil and poured some into the water. Can I tell you that was one of the best pedi's I ever had. I also used my Loreal Extofonic Scrub, which is simply Amazing (in a high pitched voice of course). I massaged my feet in to heaven, it was so good I tipped myself (okay, just kidding I didn't, but, if I had change I probably would, lol).


Ybarra Extra Virgin Olive Oil I used.




Loreal Extofonic Exfoliator Scrub I spoke about above




One Christmas, I went to New York to spend the holidays with my family. Boy o Boy, my skin didn't like the adventure at all. My skin was at its worse, itchy, dry, flaky, just gross. I used Nivea body cream, but, that didn't help for long, until I discovered Loreal Extofonic Scrub. My golly, I was in love, after my first use my skin was rejuvenated, happy and young again. Any new born baby would have been jealous of my skin, can you say smooth and supple? Well baby, it was smooth, supple and bea-u-ti-ful! When I came back to Jamaica, I looked for it everywhere, thank you Father for Anne Martin (I would say its an uptown beauty store we have in Jamaica), they were the only store to carry it. Since my discovery I always make sure I have that product in my beauty stash.


Until next time, lata,.

No comments:

Post a Comment